Saturday, May 10, 2008

EAP

I really want to study English to communicate with other people around the world and to do a master degree at the U of C. I dreamed with being a lawyer since I was a child that is why I majored in law so, I would like to work as an international lawyer and I will need to communicate in English.

I like English as a second language, but it sometimes is difficult to learn because it has some words that they do not make sense to me, especially if I try to translate to my first language. I know it doesn't help me to learn English because I have to think in English. On the other hand, learning the present progressive always result to be easier than any other thing to learn it. Anyway I will keep learning it and trying to get better skills such as listening. I will push myself to watch more TV programs and to read books.

At first I signed up to study English in the ESL program and I made several friends there. I think the most difficult thing while you are studying in a college is making friends but I do not seem to have problems with it. On the contrary I made good friends in my last course and I used to do activities that I enjoy like going out with my friends, dancing, jogging and working out.

1 comment:

Desert Surfer said...

Hi Ine's,

well, for an ambitious lawyer like you, watching legal episodes on TV while your caption control is on helps a lot. Try to make English fun and iteresting to you, by reading about your hobbies in English. It makes a big difference.

Nice having you in class,

Zalfa