Monday, May 26, 2008

Rules in my home

I don't have a lot of rules at home. My friends can visit my house any time. It is not necessary call me before to go there because if I am not they can wait for me in the living room. Other people different from my friends I prefer they call me before since I don't know whether I feel in a mood to talk to them that day. I expect to receive phone calls on wise hours otherwise I don't take them except for an emergency.

The only places in my house that I consider private are my bedroom and bathroom. I don't like anybody stay there without authorization. I think is a cultural opinion to keep these places as private because in my culture the majority of people don’t like to share their personal stuff and we think these are our own spaces.

The Canadian culture has some different rules than us about welcoming people into their homes. For instance, they have to take off their shoes before to come in to their houses, but in my country it is not necessary. In addition, they receive a previous appointment to meet there; their visits are quite short in contrast to ours. It is common to say “help yourself” to someone who visits a Canadian home however; in my country it sounds not nice because we have to attend our guests in everything.

Canadians as same as us they like to receive phone calls in available hours for them because it is not comfortable to hang up the telephone at 3:00 in the morning for asking to go to our homes. Another similarity it is about to go through bedrooms and bathrooms without any authorization because it is very rude. Everybody is welcome in my home as long as they respect it.

No comments: